Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Countdown

"I take to the open road, healthy, free, the world before me" ~ Walt Whitman

Three days until I leave for Japan! I can't believe how fast time has flown this summer. I've been saying goodbyes to family and friends over the last month, which has definitely been sad. But, I try to remember that it's not so much a goodbye as a "see you later." This year will be the longest I'll ever go without seeing my family, so I'm trying to get used to the fact that I wont have them close by. I'm really glad I got to have a solid two months after graduation to spend time with family and friends and enjoy Minnesota as much as I could.

Overall though, I'm really excited! I know this experience will have its ups and downs, but I'm excited for the chance to learn more about Japan, people in general, and myself (as cliche as that sounds). This is a once in a lifetime chance and I mean to make the absolute most of it. My next post will probably be coming to you from Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment