Sunday, August 12, 2012

Quick Update


I don't have Internet yet in my apartment so I'm typing this from my iPhone. Just wanted to quickly say that I love my new home! After a few days in the huge metropolis of Tokyo, I came to Yasugi, a completely different atmosphere and a side of Japan I have never seen before. Living here has taken some adjusting which I'll cover in later posts, but overall it's great. Here are some pictures in lieu of words.
The view from my apartment balcony. I love that rice field!


Mt. Daisen, the tallest mountain in the area


The delicious breakfast my sweet grandma made for me when I went to Osaka to buy my car


A view of the mountains on the drive back to Shimane


A beautiful sunset on Lake Shinji, about a 30 minute drive


Some pretty seashells from the lake


The street my apartment is on



Conveyor-belt sushi, pretty much the best thing about Japan.

3 comments:

  1. so cool! loving all the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kaitenzushi..so jealous! I put your blog on my Google reader but just wanted to say hey girl. Hope you're doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enchanting Sonya! It reminds me of Seattle, without the rice fields. I cracked up seeing the vending machines. Do they sell beer still?

    ReplyDelete